About the Doctor
Dr. Silverman has been practicing Family Dentistry in Cranford for over 20 years. He completed his General Practice Residency in Dentistry at Overlook Medical Center, then joined the teaching faculty and became director of the Residency Program in 1994. He has also been elected to fellowship in the American College of Dentists --this distinction is bestowed on fewer than 3 1/2% of dentists in the United States.
As a parent of an adult autistic son, Dr. Silverman is particularly sensitive to concerns of apprehensive patients, as well as those with special concerns and needs.
The doctor's outside interests include: enjoying jazz and classical music, playing the saxophone, appreciating classic cars and motorcycles, collecting historical autographs, spending time with Daisy and Simon, his English Setters and traveling with his wife, Donna.
Education and Affiliations
- West Chester State College - BA, Psychology
- Bryn Mawr College - MA, Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research
- Fairleigh Dickinson University - DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine) with Honors in Pediatric and Restorative Dentistry, Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Society, Graduate of Distinction from the American College of Dentists (ACD)
- Overlook Medical Center, General Practice Residency
- American College of Dentists - Fellowship (a distinction bestowed on fewer than 4% of Dentists in the United States)
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Dental Association
- NJDA Council on Dental Education
- Northeast Regional Board of Dental Examiners
- U.S. Dental Schools and General Practice Residencies - Accreditor